Boy Scout Troop 40 has been around for over sixty years thanks to our active members. We are sponsored by the Wrights Corners Fire Company.† We are located in Wrights Corners, near Lockport, NY. † Look for us in your local scout camp!
1. YMCA Swim on 12/19/14 @ 5:30 PM
2. Gander Mountain Pepperoni Sale 12/20 and 12/21, 2014.† Sign-up at Troop Meetings.
3. †Lasertron / Lock-In Christmas Party!!! Friday, January 2, 2015 @ 5:00 PM
4. Troop 40 Families, Camp Turner is 6 weeks away!† All the usual activities will be available:
Zippo Museum Tour
Fingerprinting Merit Badge
Cross Country Skiing and More!!
Consider joining the fun.† Moms are Welcome!† We will have sign-up sheets at the upcoming meetings.
5. SPAGHETTI DINNER!!
Our annual spaghetti dinner and basket raffle will be on Sunday, January 25, 2015. This is a great fundraiser for our Troop and we need all hands on deck to sell tickets, procure placemat sponsors, poster advertising and volunteering the day of the event.† Last year 300 dinners were served! Written information will be sent home with the Scouts to share with their family on what you can do to help make it a success. Please plan on supporting this effort. Thanks!
1. We have added a button to the left that will take you to the blog Mr. Brounscheidel has set up for the Arizona trip.† Give it a try!
1. Please make sure you have a binder for all your merit badges.† They are a necessary record to have when you go for your eagle board of review.† They may be the only record that you earned those badges.† They are the only record that the counselor signed.
2. Here is the worksheet for the Computer Merit Badge from Mr. Brounscheidel.
Weekly Scout Meetings
During the summer all meetings will be held in the scout building behind the Wrights Corners fire hall.† Full Class B uniforms including Troop 40 hats must be worn to these meetings.† Once fall starts we change over to Full Class A uniforms and eventually start meeting in the firehall.† Handbooks must be brought to each meeting.†
Parents: Please come to our committee meetings.† The troop committee is the governing body of the troop.† We want your input.† Please watch the calendars for the committee meetings.